Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cottage Dreams


When I came up from the small wooden barn I took a short cut. I went across the tall uncut pasture. The grass and soft rich earth were a heady mixture of scents on a warm day. I could see her in the distance. Her back to me and sitting on the freshly cut meadow grass.

I paused to enjoy the beauty of the scene. How serene she looked. How incredibly blessed I was. Then I laughed to myself. Her eyes would twinkle and she would smile at my corny thoughts in a most loving way.
I continued on.

Walking through the tall grass I saw the roof of the cottage. I glanced at the roof of the cottage and sighed relief that it was fit for more seasons to come. No work would come in between my sweetheart and her man. The thought of evening together on the porch and sitting before the fireplace rose from my heart to my mind. We said so much to each other with silence of joined companionship.

Steps away I rolled up my shirt sleeves and came up behind and wrapped my arms around her waist.
I knew she was back from getting supplies and we were set for sometime.

Time for us to be together without a care in the world.

As I wrapped my arms around her she tilted her head back. Her hair on my shoulder. Her fragrance so deep and intoxicating I felt light headed. I breathed deeply and put her hands on top of mine.
Time stopped and the silent explosion of joy filled our hearts.

1 comment:

vickie said...

so cozy, and comfortable when in your company, Cap! with not a care.