Monday, May 16, 2011

Paris Redeux


OK. Here is the confession. This is Paris. This is the Latin Quarter. This is a free tiny apartment. This is a view of the Pantheon. Yes the flight was a bear. No, it did not cost me much since the flight was sponsored. Yes, the major cost is the weekly transit pass for Metro, bus and RER (city area train).
No, no museum visits. Yes, lots of walking. No, eating out at restaurants. Yes, the weather is great. Yes, most folks speech English and much better than most of us.
And finally, Yes, the apartment internet was just turned on.
And yes, I wish you were here.

4 comments:

Whit's Whittlings2 said...

A few years ago, my wife and I spent three days in Paris. That was not nearly enough time to enjoy all the amenities it has to offer.

Sarge said...

Awesome view. I have just a cold lake with mallards and geese out my window.
Ah, but this is May, and this is Indianapolis...
I sounds from the track are good to the ears...

Sarge

Jo ~ said...

sweet!

Ron Friesen said...

Cap, nice to find you here. I didn't know you were a Thomas Merton fan!